10.03.2011

Grilldagene and new studio!

IMG_5903IMG_5909 Anette Heiberg, Svein Nyhus & Åshild Irgens

I’ve just started to settle again after a great weekend in Oslo, where I attended Grilldagene last Saturday. This is a yearly arrangement set up by Grafill’s Illustration group, and luckily I managed to come along. It was an inspiring and fulfilling day, thanks to the girls who put the seminar together, and of course the speakers. Fig Taylor, Illustrator agent from the AOI started off with good advice on how to approach the Illustration market and the importance of presenting yourself and putting together a clear and consistent portfolio. The follow up was Gorm Kunøe who gave us a quick course on sale; how to get rich as an Illustrator... Just to find out there are no quick tricks, but it’s important to CALL OUT and say HERE I AM! And find those clients (wherever you’re hiding, I’ll find you;)..

14_%20KATJA%20(OWN%20PROJECT) Katja by Petra Börner

Last, but not least, London based Illustrator Petra Börner shared her experiences in the field, showed us sketches, working progresses and different ways of using Illustration. All in all these speakers represented various parts of the Illustration world, and the result was a seminar well worth visiting!

To sum up I learned that you can go far with a strong and consistent style, look for clients constantly and in forgotten corners, see illustration elsewhere than just in books and magazines- plus I found out that I have great Illustrator colleagues! :)

IMG_6109IMG_5916IMG_6097IMG_6108ryesMiss Talseth & Gunvor Rasmussen

Sunday I met up with blogger and Illustrator Gunvor Rasmussen and we had a nice chat and lunch at the cool café Ryes in Grünerløkka. Check out her cool monsters and "pretty ladies" on her blog, plus more pics from Grilldagene here:)

She also adviced me to visit the Natural History Museum, where I took so many photos it needs its own entry (will post soon).

studio

Oh, and I almost forgot- I’m moving into a new studio in April! Me and Kathrine Kristiansen are going to share the space, and we just started painting. More on this too later!

Puh, I think I need a cup of tea now.. Maybe you’ll join me?

Ingen kommentarer: