17.03.2011

Natural History Museum Oslo

IMG_6064

IMG_6058

IMG_6062 IMG_5961

IMG_5930 IMG_5950  IMG_5966 IMG_5993

IMG_5971 IMG_5973 IMG_6095      IMG_6071 IMG_6079

IMG_6035

These are some of the photos I took when I visited the Natural History Museum in Oslo, the same weekend as I attended Grilldagene. I immediately wanted to sit down and draw as I walked in, I’m fascinated by the details, patterns and textures of each animal. Of course I prefer animals alive, but still it is a great opportunity to study them closely. Luckily I had my camera with me, and I almost took a picture for every step I walked in there:) Which gives me a good new addition to my animal reference library! I work a lot from photos, and when photographing I approach the  object from every angle possible, up close and far away, looking for exciting compositions for me to draw. Next time I’ll bring my sketcbook too!

utstillinglogo

Oh, and they also had a fun (and possibly scary for some..) exhibition with sculptures based on a children’s book by Jo Nesbø, called D.D.S.Ø.I.F; Animals you wish didn’t exist. And yes, I’m definately happy they’re not to be found in our world (yet;).

1 kommentar:

Gjertrud Marie Jensen sa...

Du, og bare du klarer å få utstoppede dyr til å se ut som om de har humor :-) Nydelige bilder!